20100612

Lemon drops and Gumdrops

If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gumdrops, oh what a wonderful rain that would be.
(ooo an artsy rain picture....swoon)
If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gumdrops we would have spent all day outside with buckets collecting sugary goodness. However, rain drops are made of cold water and so we had a lazy rainy day.
The day consisted of a lovely lunch date at Noodles and Co with a friend. Then I met my sister at Tattered Cover where we sat and read and sipped hazelnut lattes. Then a quick run to Whole Foods and it was time to start a full evening of hibernation.
(sister and me)
Kate and I made the world's yummiest baked mac n' cheese and ate most of it. How could anything with butter, pasta, Cheddar cheese and buttered cracker crumbs not be amazing? (our marvelous mac n' cheese)
(Koda begging and Kate's cute tights)
We watched at least one disc of How I Met Your Mother. I am almost to the end of the show and I will have to start over....it is a sickness.
When sister and I are together it is never long before the camera comes out. We took some silly pictures of ourselves and the doggies. (sister's silly face) (Koda-Loo sleeping) (being dramatic) (Loki is trying to sleep and we are bugging him)
After dinner and some rest for our tummys we tried to recreate the world's best ice cream (Toasted Coconut from Kilwins') by mixing Double Dark Chocolate, Toasted Almond and Caribbean Coconut. It was legendary and delicious. (in case you were wondering that is indeed HIMYM on the TV behind the pyramid of ice cream)
I hope no one will ever doubt our dedication to any cause, I mean anyone willing to buy three types of ice cream to recreate one flavor has mad loyalty.
As rainy days go it was a wonderful one.





4 comments:

Cristina said...

Macaroni and cheese...get in mah belly!

I'm glad you and Kate are getting to spend so much time together! What a great way to spend summer (for both of you).

Oh HIMYM...so which episodes and/or seasons are your favorite?

Cristina said...

Macaroni and cheese...get in mah belly!

I'm glad you and Kate are getting to spend so much time together! What a great way to spend summer (for both of you).

Oh HIMYM...so which episodes and/or seasons are your favorite?

Cristina said...

....ummm....yeah...Don't know why that posted twice. Sorry..eep.

Alexa Mae said...

I want the recipe to that mac n cheese! looks yummay!! you two are adorable. i LOVE that you both can sit and read and still have fun! xoxo